Thursday, April 4, 2013

First Attempt at Overshot!

I had been drawn to Overshot for a while.  I have a couple great books but I have a problem sometimes understanding books.  I was at R&M Yarns and the new Handwoven was out.  On the cover was beautiful overshot towels - I don't think I grabbed the magazine - It grabbed me!  I read it and read it, finally I decided to go for it. 
Picked from the 10/2 threads I had on my shelf for the warp and the tabby, then the 5/2 that I had for the pattern.  But when I started to do the weaving, got a little scared at all the different colors they had used in the magazine - I decided I would stick to 2 colors.
 
Watching the pattern emerge was so wonderful!  I just could not wait to try a different color for the next towel.  I made alot of mistakes when I warped up but fixed most of them and learnt alot while doing it.  Made mistake while weaving, but that's okay - maybe I won't make those mistakes next time.  Probably make new ones - but that is okay too. 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment