Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blending Board

I bought a wonderful drum carder - love to card my fibers.  But as always that was not enough...lol! I wanted to make art yarns and the carder I have is just too fine a cloth for what I want to do.  Then Spin Off magazine came out with a article about blending boards - light bulb when off!
Did some researching on Ravelry and a few other places and decided to make one.  Found a very nice lady on Etsy that sold carding cloth and a very helpful lady on Ravelry that had blogged about making a board ( http://spinningshepherd.blogspot.com/ )
 
 
Here's what I made and my first rolags!
 Next came the spinning.  I plied it with rayon thread and it is ready to weave into a scarf on the cricket rigid heddle loom!  Will blog a pic when it is done.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment